Valuations and due diligence
We have experience in preparing valuations of businesses for purposes of sale, restructuring, the addition of new investors or partners, the division of business assets in a marriage breakdown or succession planning. We also have performed due diligence reviews on companies and businesses that our clients wish to acquire.
We have assisted other accountants, lawyers and financial advisors in preparing independent valuations and due diligence reviews of businesses for their clients.
Valuations are essential in determining the fair value of your business which you have built over years, no matter what exit strategy from the business is chosen.
Business valuations consider the economic conditions in which the business operates, financial analysis, normalisation of financial statements, and the use of income and asset-based approaches and related techniques.
Benefits of a valuation
A valuation is beneficial when you are considering:
- Estate Planning
- Tax implications on the sale or issue of equity to Related Parties
- Exiting by selling the Business
- Exiting by Co-owner Buy-in or Buy-out
- Exiting by Buy-Sell Agreements
- Buying another Business
- Property Settlements in Marital Dissolutions
- Shareholder Disputes
Benefits of due diligence
A due diligence review is beneficial in:
- Determining if the historical financial performance of the business is consistent with
representations made by the vendors
- Understanding how the business operates
- Understanding potential operational issues
- Identifying potential tax issues
How can we assist?
Allworths can provide expert, cost effective, and timely business valuations and due diligence reviews covering most industries.
Additionally, we can assist you in understanding the tax implications and risks associated with the sale or purchase of a business. We can also advise you on how to improve your business to increase its value in preparation for a sale.
Contact us today today to discuss your valuation and due diligence requirements.